Texas Society of Architects
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
2020 TxA Studio Awards
The Texas Society of Architects Studio Awards recognize unbuilt projects demonstrating innovation and excellence in design. Real or theoretical projects that go beyond the boundaries of architecture to address current critical issues are encouraged.
Winning projects will be published in the November/December 2020 issue of Texas Architect magazine. Designers will be recognized at the Texas Society of Architects 81st Annual Conference and Design Expo, which will take place in Dallas on October 29–31, 2020.
To be considered for a Texas Society of Architects 2020 Studio Award, projects must be submitted in accordance with the following requirements:
- Design must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
- Individuals or firms whose primary office is located in Texas may enter any number of proposed projects anywhere in the world.
- Texas-registered architects located in another state may enter any number of proposed projects located in Texas.
- Registered architects and Texas Society of Architects Associate/Intern members may enter theoretical projects or real projects currently on the boards or in the drawers but not under construction.
- Faculty teaching at any accredited architectural program in Texas may enter current design-focused research projects. Faculty projects must not have been built at the time they are entered into the awards program.
- Students and faculty may enter studio projects from any accredited architectural program in Texas. Studio projects must not have been built at the time they are entered into the awards program.
Entries must be submitted online via Submittable. Each entry must contain the following:
- PDF Presentation (10 slides max)
- PDF Data Sheet
- 2-3 high-resolution images (maximum file size: 3 MB each)
- Completed Entry Form via Submittable, with permission from all appropriate parties
- Entry Fee Payment (non-refundable): $130 per entry for AIA members/$45 per entry for faculty or students/$250 per entry for non-members.*
*NOTE: We will be confirming each entrant's status as an AIA member, faculty or student from any accredited architectural program in Texas, or non-member architect. Please select the appropriate payment option. If the entry fee payment does not match your membership status, we will contact you to correct the payment amount; incomplete payments can result in your entry being disqualified.
For additional criteria, download the entire Submittal Requirements.
If you experience any technical difficulties completing this form, please contact email@example.com.