Texas Society of Architects
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Honor Award Nominations
Welcome to the Texas Society of Architects Honor Award submissions portal.
- Log in or create a free account to submit.
- You only need one account for all submissions. View a quick guide to get started.
- You can save a draft of your submission(s) and come back to finish prior to the deadline.
- We'll send you a confirmation email. If you do not receive it or need a receipt, please reach out to the contact listed on each form's introductory page.
- Each competition has different requirements, so please read carefully.
All Texas region AIA local components and current members are invited to submit nominations for our 2021 Honor Awards. Nominations can be submitted using the online platform Submittable, using the links provided on the TxA website, texasarchitects.org. If you prefer, the content requested through the Submittable platform may be submitted as a single PDF to email@example.com.
There is no limit to how many years a nominee may be submitted for an award; however, a recipient may receive a specific award/honor only once. A list of past recipients is included in this packet and on the TxA website. Awards are not given posthumously. Individuals and firms may not self-nominate for any of the Honor Awards.
Current members of the Honor Awards Committee may not be nominated. They are also not eligible to submit nominations or letters of recommendation during their tenure.
Honor Award letters should be addressed to:
Al York, FAIA, Chair, Honor Awards Committee
There is no entry fee for nominations.
The nominating component or member is responsible for the following:
- Preparation of the nomination. Please ensure that all requested materials are uploaded before submitting the nomination, and that the submission is completed by the deadline.
- Communication with the nominee and notification about the selected award recipient(s).
- Coordination of the award recipient’s attendance at TxA’s 82nd Annual Conference and Design Expo in San Antonio in October for award presentation, and purchase of tickets where appropriate.
- Taking the lead on local promotion of award recipients, including creation and dissemination of local press releases, with support from TxA as needed.
General Submittal Requirements
- Information submitted should specifically demonstrate how the nominee’s achievements, work, contributions, and experiences meet the purpose and criteria of the specific award.
- Nominations can be submitted using the online platform Submittable. The person submitting the nomination will need to create a Submittable account. If you prefer, nominations may be submitted as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using a file share program. PDF submittals should include the PDF Nomination Form.
- Nomination materials should be within the page/word limits noted on the individual award guidelines. See Submittable form for allowed file types.
- Digital images contained in PDF files are to be of low resolution. Use of PDF Optimizer and the Save As feature of Adobe Acrobat Professional will help make files compact without compromising integrity.
- Upon final selection, nominators and/or recipients will be contacted to provide additional high-resolution images as may be needed for publication. These images will be used for the website/magazine announcements and award presentations at the Annual Conference.
- Black text on a light/white background and a minimum font size of 9 are required. Provide succinct narratives and descriptive statements with images.
- Letters of support should be one page in length and explicit in their recommendation and reasons for support.
- A “page” is considered to be one-sided and 8.5" x 11".
- Some individual award guidelines specifically allow an optional item, such as a publication, to be included with the submission. As the jury is meeting virtually due to the pandemic, the item must be submitted as a pdf or as a URL for viewing/downloading.
- Discrimination against any nominee because of the individual’s race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, veteran status, or any other protected status or classification under federal, state, or local law is illegal and will not be tolerated by the Texas Society of Architects.
Click on each open form for guidelines and details. Or download the full Nomination Packet (PDF).
If you experience any technical difficulties completing this form, please contact email@example.com.